Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ugggh!

What a day it has been already! The boys were up at 6 this morning, and into stuff when I finally heard them in the kitchen. Zack had all my measuring cups on the floor playing with them. Well, it coulda been a lot worse. At least they were getting along, nothing was broken, and it was only a little mess.

I got them settled at the table with yesterdays leftover biscuits, and set to work. Got the kitchen cleaned then made the banana nut muffins that I've been hungry for. (Yes they are as good as I hoped.) Now breakfast is done for the next couple mornings. Next, I made M&M cookies, and they are very good too, if I do say so myself.

Well, I am finishing up the cookies, and the phone rings. Never a good thing at 8:30 am! Mom was calling to let me know that PawPaw didn't sleep again last night, and that his hallucinations are getting worse. Wasn't sure how much worse they could get, but they are. Apparently, last night he saw swarms of people all around the house writing on it. He called the Sheriff's Department, and one of the deputies came out, tried to assure him that no one was there. But, of course, PawPaw wasn't at all convinced. Then there was a woman in the house standing behind Nana, and he tried to hit the woman, and, of course, hit Nana. So, needless to say, neither of them got any sleep again last night. This is the third night that this has been going on, and each night is getting worse.

So, when the nurse got there before lunch, she advised that they call his doctors office and take him in to get checked out. Turns out his doc is on vaca this week, of course. So Nana and my cousin Tyler are taking him to the ER in Lawton to get checked out there. All this, we thought, was being caused by some pain meds that he was on. But, he quit taking them Saturday, and the pharmacist that I talked to, and his nurse both said that it should be out of his system by now, and that something else is going on. So the complications with PawPaw continue...

Now, if the boys will just take a nap, and we can get to play group so I can have a short break, maybe my blood pressure can return to normal!

2 comments:

  1. We are definitely keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers...I hope your blood pressure returns to normal soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried to see if maybe...just maybe your PawPaw will allow your bishop or home teachers to come over and give him a blessing??? It may help. I'm sorry kiddo, I'll keep your family in my prayers. I hope things get better soon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete