Friday, February 26, 2010

Could it be...?

Could today actually be a better day? It may be cloudy and yucky outside today, however, the sun if finally shining on me and my family, I feel like.

I'm tempted not to even discuss yesterday! Granted, it wasn't as bad as Wednesday, however, I sure felt worse. All was good until I got to the doctors office. I talked to mom first thing yesterday morning, and PawPaw had cat napped on and off Wednesday night. That was some improvement over the day before, at least. He was semi-coherent, and actually asked where Nana was. That was also a good thing. (Nana had went home to finally get some much needed sleep, which she did.) I then dropped the boys off, and headed to Hydro for my doc appointment.
I got on the scale and nearly fell over. Could it be? Did I actually gain 5 POUNDS in two weeks!?!?!?! OH MY!!!!! That is more than I gained in the two MONTHS prior. I may not look huge, but I certainly feel it now! Then a few minutes later, I find out that my blood pressure is still high, for me, anyway. Not tooo big of a shocker, considering the two weeks I've had, but still! So, I'm already bummed about these findings, and I am on my way to pick the boys back up, and my mom calls. Sure isn't a good sign, considering... Anyway, I guess right after she talked to me earlier, Dad called her, and PawPaw is having a bad time. He is in a TON of pain, and he is hysterical and all upset that people are out to hurt the family... including, Nana, Mom, Dad, and me. Nana finally had gotten there, and convinced him that she was alright, but when Mom got there, it started all over, because he was wanting her to go get me, because I was in danger. The doc was giving him Morphine for the pain, but it wasn't seeming to help.
They did finally get him calmed down, but his pain is still pretty bad. Whatever they have him on now seems to be somewhat working, but he still has leg spasms and his ankle where he busted it all up from Wednesday is giving him a lot of trouble. So, last night he got a little more sleep, finally! I don't know what they've given him, but it finally seems to be working and at least letting him rest.

So, today is a new day! PawPaw woke up this morning a little more alert and knowing what's going on. He is still confused at where he is - - he thinks he is in a military hospital at the city, and thinks they haven't done his surgery yet, but he knows the people around him, and he hasn't seen people that aren't there anymore. So, things are improving. But, he still has moments where he's out of it, and still a lot of ankle pain. The doc is thinking that all this was caused by a bad reaction to the anesthesia. And, that if he does get back to normal, that it will take a long time, and his recovery process will be very lengthy.
On top of PawPaw doing better, Adam will finally be headed home this evening. After a long week, and supposed to be home Tuesday night, he will be home tonight! :-) It sure has beena hard week with him gone!! I am beginning to relax a little, and just hoping that things can continue to be better!

2 comments:

  1. i'm really sorry to hear that your grandpa is still having trouble. we'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers. you can still bring those boys over if you need to relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how close we are to where you live. If you need us, we're there. Excited Beth is almost here.

    ReplyDelete