Monday, February 22, 2010

Great Weekend

What a great weekend!

Friday, I summoned up the courage to go to the temple for the first time by myself. It was awesome! That is the most relaxed and calm I've been in a LONG time! After getting home from OKC, the boys took a nap, and then we got ready for my mom and dad to pick them up after supper. We had home-made pizza, the boys fav, and Meme and Papa wisked them away. It was so nice to have a break - - watch what I want on TV, eat what I want, and just relax. :-)

On Saturday, I had a relaxing morning, then got around and went south to have lunch at my Nana and PawPaw's house. PawPaw is doing much better, although he is chair bound and Nana won't let him up. It was kinda funny watching them fuss at each other about what he can do and can't do. LOL After lunch, we went to the nursing home, and had birthday cake with Great Granny for her 93rd birthday. She seemed to have a great time watching the kids run around, and ate all of her cake and raspberry sherbet. It was very good! We then went downtown in Frederick and checked out the craft booths for the annual Oyster Fry. Not a whole lot there, and all I came home with was a cheese dip mix and a headband for Beth. Oh, well. At least I didn't come home empty handed!

Sunday was ward conference, and it was awesome! We have some wonderful stake leaders, and the conference centered around the family, and our responsibilities for our family. It was soooo good! Adam made dinner last night, and so I had the night off even. What a great end for a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like an awesome weekend... i wish i could say my sunday was as good as yours.. i think primary just does something awful to me..LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I left out the part where Nick got in trouble in class on Sunday... I guess all the kids are going through this spit phase. UGH!! Did she talk to you too? Or is my little angel the only one...??

    ReplyDelete