Saturday, January 29, 2011

Best Shopping yet!

Well, this week's shopping has turned out better than I thought.

Yesterday, I attempted K-Mart, again. Well, to make a long story short, I won't be shopping or attempting again. Ugh!! I guess they get to make up the rules as they go. Even though I had a copy of the coupon policy, they still wouldn't double my diaper coupons. So, I went to customer service and showed the Assistant Manager, and she said that it wasn't a double coupon day. But, she doesn't know when those days are, but they aren't having any of those days right now. After me pressing the issue, she finally gave me my money back for the coupons being doubled. (It didn't help my mood that Beth was screaming and Zack was ready to go either!)

But, today made up for all of yesterday's frustration. And affirmed my decision of ordering clipped coupons this week. I ended up with 30 cans of tomatoes for .02 each, 10 boxes of Minute Rice for .25 each, and 15 bags of frozen veggies for .33 each. Yay!!! I did get some other stuff, but those were my best deals. Oh, I did get a pound package of chicken fried steak for .07. I also ended up with 2 gallons of milk, some bananas and cheese, and a couple other odds and ends.

Are you ready for the grand total? Retail price was $149.86. I spent $31.72 out of pocket. A total of 79% savings! I am so very excited!!
Best week yet!!

3 comments:

  1. So... how do you do it? I've heard it's a lot of extra work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! my only hesitation is the fact that i know we'll be moving at the end of the year so i don't want to build up my food storage.. haha! but next year i'm totally in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I spent 10 minutes this week in preparation... well, maybe 15.
    Kaja, I totally understand not wanting to move food storage... I am not looking forward to that day!

    ReplyDelete