Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011 Goals

I've been reflecting on the last year, and looking toward this year, and have decided to actually put my thoughts and plans for the new year out there. Then, maybe, I can be more accountable for the things I want to get done.

First off, I am really hoping to blog and get my thoughts written out more often. I'd love to do this multiple times a week, but for now I am shooting for once a week. Along with this goal, I am also hoping to get caught up to date with my scrap booking, at least digitally. As of right now, I have finished putting together the boy's baby books and 2009 family scrapbook. So, I still need to do Beth's baby book and 2010 family. If I can get this accomplished, I am hoping to get a handle on all the paper pictures and stuff that need to go in physical scrapbooks. This is a much bigger task, and right now seems unrealistic. So, we shall see.

Another craft project that I really want to accomplish this year is the jean quilt. Adam has had this small piece of one since before we were married. I've been promising him ever since that I would finish it. We have plenty of old jeans to do it, just need to find the motivation to get it done.

Another thing I want to do this year is go through all the cooking magazines I have and pick a new recipe to try each week. If it is a keeper, I will write it in my cookbook, if not, it goes in the trash. I am hoping this will declutter the cookbook shelf on our china hutch, as well as put some new ideas in for dinner etc.

My last two goals for this year go hand in hand. I am hoping to pay off the last of our "small" debt. This is a biggie for me, and it will include our student loans, hospital bills, and a couple other little items from the old business and such. I'm not going to post what the total is, but it's a good chunk. Along with this big weighing task, I am hoping to save up to do two good vacations this year. One to Branson and the other to Idaho. With our truck being paid off, finally, and Adam's job bonuses the last two months, we are making progress toward both of these financial goals. (That, and me cutting our budget to the near minimum!)

Well, I think that is it! I will post my progress as we continue working on this list of activities/goals. Do any of you have big plans for the new year?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amber those are some great goals. I have several goals this year also. Get all debt pd off counting student loans,get more organization,be a better Girl Scout Leader, Get all the family healthy,Become a Mary Kay Director and earn my MK car and to visit the rest of the family in RI and start saving to buy a house and I really want a 15 passenger van for the family so we can get around comfortably with all our stuff so I am adding that to the list also our goal is to not miss church functions.I also want to have all the kids adoptions finalized. I have a lot of big goals but I know what I want and having a goal is the 1st step to achieving it even if its not in the year I at least will have started it. look forward to hearing about your progress.

    ReplyDelete