Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Couponing Territory

As many of you know, I started couponing about 5 months ago. We've now cut our grocery/shopping budget to a third of what it was. All this time, I've been sticking to this good advice that I was given when I first started of never paying for coupons. Well, today, I bought coupons from a clipping service for the first time.

I know, I know... what was I thinking?! Well, my thoughts were this: Pay $4 for coupons that I will use this week, and that includes shipping charges, and get over $100 of groceries for the week. So, I'm going to try this out. If it all works out, I will be getting 30 cans of tomatoes for .02 each, 15 frozen veggies for .33 each, and 20 Minute Rice for .25 each.

I'll post either Friday night or Saturday with the results. We shall see if this is worth it...

Also found some interesting information about K-Mart. Did anyone know that they double ALL coupons up to $2, on a purchase of $25 or more?! They have diapers and cereal on sale this week, so I'm going to be trying this out either Friday or Saturday as well. So excited! I'll keep ya posted!

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this..but not really sure where to start. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaleen, got to www.moneysavingmom.com and sign up for her couponing 101. She will send you a email everyday for the next, hmmm, not sure, but that is how I got started. And it's slow pace and you can get started slowly. That is what I recommend, since I am not closer to help you out. And, if you have anyquestions, feel free to call or email!!!

    ReplyDelete