Wednesday, March 31, 2010

False Alarm

It was a very interesting day yesterday. After an event filled weekend, it was nice to get home to relax on Monday. Adam was off, and he took care of the boys while I just lounged around. It was a great rest, but by Monday night, I was feeling kinda "funny." So yesterday morning, I got up and I went with the boys to the chiropractor, which was wonderful! By the time we left there and went to Wal-Mart, the "funny" feeling was back, and by the time we made it home, I was having contractions about 15 minutes apart. After several phone calls, I got ahold of Adam who just happened to have made it back to Elk City. So he headed home, Michelle, a friend of ours, picked up the boys, and we headed to the hospital to get checked out. Turns out an UTI was causing the contracts, so they pumped me full of fluids/antibiotics, and after 4 hours of waiting, we went back home. Since we are only 34 weeks, part of me is relieved, and part of me is frustrated to have to stay there that long to not get a baby out of the deal! :) Oh, well. She just wasn't ready yet.

So, today starts another day. Adam is back at work bright and early this morning. Ok, not bright, since he left before 4, but the early definitely counts. The "funny" feeling is gone, and I am feeling much better. I got the laundry done last night, so all that needs to be done today is dishes and the floors. Since the weather is so awesome today, I am planning on taking advantage of it and spending a lot of time outside with the boys. The kids, including Beth, are very busy this morning. I better take that motivation, and get the day started!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear when she comes. She is going to be such a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete