Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pumpkin Pie

Beth and I have a little canter that we have been doing since before she was even born. I tell her "I love you" followed by a nick-name, and she responds. We do this many times a day, and a lot of the times the nick-name and responses are different.

For the first two years, the nick-names varied with Bethy, Bethy Sue, Boo Boo, Sister Lou, and Sis, to name a few. And the responses varied from her with Mommy, Mommy boo, Mommy Sue, and so forth. Sometimes, we'd get silly and call each other funny names like silly goose, goober, and other funny titles. She'd like to repeat the silly name with Mommy added at the end.

Many months ago, I started calling her pumpkin. I have fond memories of my mom calling me pumpkin, and it just so easily rolls off of my tongue with Beth. Around Thanksgiving, Beth discovered that my favorite pie is pumpkin. So, she has decided that is now her favorite as well. Now Mommy has a new nick-name, pumpkin pie. I LOVE IT!

As I have been spending more one-on-one time with each kiddo, it has really struck me how much I take for granted the little things. This is one of my favorites with Beth. I hope, when she is a mommy, she can look back and  remember and have fond memories of being called pumpkin.

"I love you pumpkin!" "I love you pumpkin pie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment