Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pop-N-Tot

So. Yesterday was unexpectedly emotional. Not really sure where it came from, cause I've been so excited for today to come, and Beth is SO ready for Pre-K. But, for some reason (aka Karen!) I had a rough day yesterday. Not surprisingly, Beth did not. Which made me super proud of her, and made me realize that she is growing up.

Last Friday, Beth stayed with Karen. It was very obvious to me when I picked up Beth, that Karen was having a hard time with telling Beth bye. To avoid getting emotional myself, I simply reminded her that Beth was going to be at Pop N Tot on Tuesday and Wednesday since she wasn't going to have Pre-K those days. That seemed to help, but this set in motion in my mind how much we love our Pop N Tot teachers.

Yesterday was Beth's last day at Pop N Tot. (Don't tell, but she didn't want to go.) She is ready for the next chapter of her life, and that is Pre-K! She has already made several new friends, and loves her teacher, Ms. Ray. I am super excited for her, and am thoroughly enjoying all of her firsts with her at 'big school.'
BUT - - I wasn't quite ready to tell her wonderful preschool teachers good bye yesterday. ME! Beth was fine, but I was a mess!! We have fallen in love with those two wonderful ladies, and they are truly a part of our family. Beth and I don't take that lightly, either. It takes quite a bit to call someone family, and words can not express our deep attachment to these two.

It all started with a special little package in Beth's backpack yesterday. It was a wonderful little picture frame with some very special rocks glued on it. There is a story with those rocks...
Beth has been collecting rocks for Ms. Karen's hubby, Kenny, for the last 2 years. I found out a couple weeks ago that they have been saving these rocks. Yesterday, I found out why. Adorable!!
In the picture frame is a lovely picture of Ms. Karen and Kenny, with a little poem to go with it. Beth LOVED it!! She took it right home and put it on her cabinet, next to her bed, so she can see it everyday. How special!!

Ms. Karen and Ms. Mary, you have made the last two years do able for me and Beth. I can't imagine our lives without you. There is no way to repay you for all you have done for the two of us, but I hope you know that you are family.

Lots of love and warmest hugs,
Amber and Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment