Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Get it together!

There are so many ways that Beth and I are different. She is so stinkin' girly! I'm not really sure where this came from... must have been an Aunt Sheen, Aunt Beena, or Aunt Audrey. ;-) Anyway, it certainly didn't come from me!!
Can you guess her favorite color? Anyone who knows anything about her, knows it's pink. Pink!! And, the earrings and bows! She picks out new earrings and a bow for her hair every morning. Speaking of bows... I am quickly learning, probably not to successfully, how to do 'girl' hair. I had no idea there were so many kinds of ponys your hair can be in. I'm tellin' ya, I'm sooo in over my head!! Thankfully, we haven't attempted braids in a long while. She will quickly tell you that "Momma doesn't do that. We save those special hair dos for Aunt Sheen. She's the best!!"

There are some mornings, I just don't know how we are related.

Then, there are days like yesterday. (Back to that in a minute.)

Despite our differences, and my aversion to pink, we are alike in more ways than we are different. We are both a little, or maybe a lot, of a perfectionist. We know where things go, and how things need to be done. There's nothing wrong with that... right?
We both love to eat. There isn't much either one of us won't eat or at least try. She gets as excited as I do about baskets, and is ready to pounce when I come through the door with our crate of fruits and veggies. First question - What do we get to eat first? She is becoming quite the helper in the kitchen too, and shares my love of baking.
Even though we don't agree on our favorite Disney movie, we so enjoy watching them together. And, both agree that Frozen is fantabulous! There isn't a day that goes by, right now, that we don't talk about our upcoming Disney World trip, and what princesses we are going to see. So excited!!

A big similarity was discovered yesterday. I already knew that she loves to be active, and is very athletic because of gymnastics. But, last night at Blast Ball was an event! Since she had never played, and I didn't really know how this was going to pan out, we talked about it in the van on the way to the gym. She was super excited and seemed to be ready to go. Well, that was certainly true. She did so good.
The funny thing was on the way home. I asked her if she had a good time and she was a little slow to answer. Finally she said yes, but... "Those other boys need to get it together! That boy next me needs to quit dancing and pay attention and watch the ball!!"

Oh no. I've created a monster - - again!

No comments:

Post a Comment