Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring is here!

Spring is my favorite time of the year! So many exciting things happen in the spring time.
I used to love spring for only the warm weather and baseball. Now, I have expanded my love of this wonderful time of the year. Although, warmer weather is still at the top of the list!

Soccer season started two weeks ago. Which, for our family, is our first sign of spring in our house. Nick is our only soccer player this year, and I am so ok with that! This is his last season of U8, which means in the fall, he will move up with the bigger kids. I am SO not ready for that!! Beth has also been talking about soccer. She will finally be old enough to play next fall in the U6 group. Not sure if I am ready for that either. She has been kicking the ball around since she was big enough to walk, though, so I better get ready. Looks like we are shaping up for a very busy fall.

Anyway, back to spring. And warmer weather. And jacket weather. And playing outside. And things turning green. And blooming flowers. And...Oh! I could go on all day!

Another great thing about spring is Zack and Beth's birthdays! I am extra excited about them this year. Not sure why. Maybe because they don't want to share birthdays this year, so we get to have 2 parties instead of 1. Which, is really 4 parties, since they are all in school. I love getting to visit them in school on their special days. It makes it extra neat when birthdays fall on a weekday. Then they can have a party at school, and a big party at home during the weekend. So neat!

With Nick being in scouts now, another thing Spring brings is Pinewood Derby. Eeep! He is so excited for his first derby car. It is a batman car, and it has been a joint effort by him, Adam, and Popa. He gets to go to OKC on Saturday for the big race. How fun! Good luck Batman!!

Now, I know that Spring also brings about plants and gardens. And, you know, per a previous post, that I don't do well with these things. However, trying my best to be a supportive mom, I am working with the kids on a few plants to put in our flower bed off the front porch. They have much higher hopes than I do. I will keep you posted on the progress... or, more likely, how fast they shrivel up this year.

Despite the fact that I can't usually grow them, I do love to plant and tree watch. We have some beautiful trees and flowers in our neighborhood. The kids and I love to walk in the evenings and notice their progress on the blooms and scents. Which, is another thing I love about spring - - family walks. It is so great to enjoy nature with my kiddos. They notice EVERYTHING!!

Yay for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment