Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thankful

As 2013 comes to a close, I have so much to be thankful for. I've had a lot of emotional stress and self inflicted emotional weight on my shoulders this year. But, I have also tried really hard to count my blessing each day. So, before I write my traditional yearly recap, I want to take a minute to relay all the many things that I am thankful of:

    • A loving Heavenly Father, who forgives all of my faults if I will just bow my head and humbly ask.
    • The gospel in my life.
    • My Savior, the perfect Example, Jesus Christ.
    • The wonderful missionaries who knocked on our door 8 years ago.
    • Our tireless church leaders, both general and local.
    • All of the many church members that have listened, served, and been there for me and our family.
    • Extended family.
    • My hardworking husband.
    • My 3 beautiful, challenging children.
    • Our home and the spirit that abides there.
    • The handful of close friends that have been there for me through thick and thin.
    • The two most amazing women, who have listened to a lot this year, and have never once judged me or not had time for me. Love you girls!!
    • My job and the wonderful people I work with, including the best boss one could have.
    • Kind teachers and babysitters that have made going back to work an easy transition.
    • Reliable transportation.
    • A small group of girls in OKC that I can talk to, who understand exactly what I am saying.
    • Essential oils, and the girls that introduced me to Young Living.
    • Improved health.
    • Bountiful Baskets, for so many reasons. The participants, volunteers, founders, and the variety of produce that has entered our home.
    • My church calling as Relief Society President. It is a challenge, but I have learned a lot in the past year through it.
    • The sisters I am blessed to serve with in Relief Society.
    • The Primary program, and the sisters that teach my children every Sunday.
    • Cub scouts.
    • Visiting Teaching, and especially my visiting teachers and home teacher.
And much more that I'm not remembering at this moment. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment