Thursday, May 23, 2013

Improving Health

So, I was just looking back on my facebook posts for this year and there are NONE about sick kids. WOW! Now, we still have the occasional stuffies, upset tummies, and fevers. Zack did have the flu in January and strep in February, but those were the only "sick" visits we have made to the pediatrician's office this year! Compared to last year, we are doing AWESOME! I will note, that Beth did split her head open, and we did visit the doc for that to get glued and butterflied together. But, she wasn't actually "sick." Our other little "sicknesses" weren't even big enough to post about!! Yay!!

Now, you may be wondering... "How did they go from going in every couple weeks last year, to only two "sick" trips in almost 6 months??" Let me tell ya: Young Living Essential Oils! Here is our story so far - -

In February, a good friend (who I met through Bountiful Baskets, more on that later) invited me to an oil class. After the year we had last year, I was ready to listen to and try just about anything. So, I went, with checkbook in the car just in case. That night changed our family. I signed up on the spot and ordered the Everyday Oils kit.
Little did I know that they wouldn't get here fast enough. That weekend, Beth started running a good fever, hovering around 102-103. We were at my parents house, and doing the Tylenol/Ibu thing. It would come down for a short time and then go right back up. I reached out on FB to my friend who signed me up with oils, and met up with her to "borrow" some to get us through. Oh, MY!! I just have to say, peppermint is WONDERFUL! Her fever broke within a half an hour and didn't come back!

Soon after that, we got our first kit of oils, and haven't looked back. Within a month of getting that first shipment, we treated a goose egg from Beth falling out of a kitchen chair (the same day we got oils in the mail!), several fevers, two very bad cases of congestion/sinus problems, and an upset tummy. All of which, the kids missed no school and not 1 doc trip.
In the last 3 months, I can't begin to list all that we have treated. Congestion, tummy problems, sore muscles, snoring, trouble sleeping, bumps and bruises, cuts, bug bites, and the list goes on and on.

I must say, I am forever grateful to such a great friend to share this blessing with me and my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment